We would like to share a recently produced video featuring Martin Gray and James Sullivan of Coram Asset Management (Fund Managers of the MitonOptimal Special Situations Fund) answering questions on their view of the markets.
MitonOptimal Special Situations Fund Objectives
The Offshore Special Situations Fund invests into the Coram Global Balanced Fund, which is a global multi-asset fund with specialist exposure to investment trusts, mutual funds, direct equities, ETFs and structured products. The Fund is not constructed or managed against a specific index or benchmark. The performance objective is to achieve long-term returns above inflation over the course of the full investment cycle. The consistency of returns throughout various market conditions and superior long-term track record of the team makes the fund suitable for long-term investors looking for a core holding within their portfolio.
The question covered in the video include:
- What asset classes offer the best value?
- What asset classes offer the least value?
- What is the outlook for the resources sector?
- When do Emerging Markets begin to look attractive?
- Has gold bullion become a redundant investment?
- How will the situation in China play out?
- What is the outlook for the fixed interest market?
- Will the appreciation of the US dollar continue?
- Was the FED right to raise rates and will they do so again in 2016?
- Will Abenomics ultimately work?
- Inflation or deflation?
- What is the outlook for UK dividends?
- What are your thoughts on ‘Brexit’?
[Source: Coram Asset Management - February 4, 2016]