Do you want to partner with a Discretionary Fund Manager (DFM)?
As a financial planner, sound investment advice and effective implementation of that advice is key to your value proposition. To do this properly is time and resource intensive and the implications of getting it wrong are potentially severe.
As a DFM, MitonOptimal partners with financial planners who recognize the importance of the investment function and also recognise the long-term benefit of sharing that responsibility with investment specialists; freeing themselves to focus on the client relationship and on other aspects of their business, thereby delivering even more value to their clients.
What DFM services do you access if you partner with MitonOptimal?
- We help you determine your requirements from a DFM.
- We construct, monitor, manage and review both local and / or offshore portfolios.
- We construct both Regulation 28 compliant & discretionary portfolios.
- We research asset classes and make strategic and tactical asset allocation decisions.
- We research and select active and passive fund managers and products, after conducting full due diligence.
- We provide regular, comprehensive and customized reporting to you and your clients.
- We provide full administrative support in the set-up, implementation and ongoing management of the portfolios.
- We co-brand monthly portfolio sheets produced per portfolio.
- We provide quarterly reports offering market, manager and portfolio commentary.
- Where appropriate, we offer regular meetings with portfolio managers.
What type of Model Portfolios can MitonOptimal offer you?
Managed Model Portfolios
- These are a range of managed multi-asset portfolios with various investment objectives, within acceptable volatility bands and time horizons, which are available on multiple LISPs.
- If you require it, when you are using these portfolios, we will assist you with the Investment Advice you provide and sign-off on your Record of Advice*.
Tailored Model Portfolios
- These are customized multi-asset portfolios with different investment objectives over various time horizons, which you agree to according to your specifications and for your exclusive access.
- These portfolios will be set up on the LISPs of your choice.
- Where appropriate, we will establish an Investment Committee, with your participation, to oversee the portfolios.
- These are personalized portfolios, developed for individual high net worth clients according to their specific needs.
- Where appropriate, we will meet individually with these clients in partnership with you.
Why partner with MitonOptimal as your DFM?
- Independence – We are an independent, owner-managed investment business, with a presence in South Africa, the UK, Channel Islands and Asia. We are platform, fund and fund manager agnostic.
- Investment expertise – We have experienced investment teams, in both the UK and South Africa, who are focused on investment research and portfolio management.
- One size does not fit all – We customize our services to your needs as a financial planner and business owner.
- Administrative experience – We have administered model portfolios for well over a decade and have a highly experienced client service team to provide you with high quality administrative support.
- Track record – We have offered DFM services both internationally and in South Africa for over a decade.
What are the benefits of using MitonOptimal’s services?
The Benefits to You
- We help you ensure that all your investment needs are identified and met.
- We help your clients achieve their investment goals consistently over time.
- We help you meet your regulatory and compliance obligations.
- We reduce your risk in respect of investment advice, implementation and reporting.
- We enable you to provide your clients with customized, branded investment reporting.
- We free up your time so that you can focus on other areas of business that are more beneficial to your business and your clients.
- We can facilitate succession planning and a smoother transition of clients, through having model portfolios in place.
- We supervise Financial Planners who want to get their own Cat II license and can facilitate the establishment of your own CIS portfolios.**
For further information within your jurisdiction, please contact us and we will contact you from your local MitonOptimal office.
* If record of advice is provided, our MitonOptimal Portfolio Management (Pty) Ltd Category 2 FSP licence, number 734, will be applicable. Relative to South Africa only.
** Relative to South Africa only.