Implemented Asset Consulting
We believe that in the uncertain world of investments, the only way to achieve appropriate results consistently is to adopt a structured process that is implemented consistently. MOSA’s implemented consulting offering is based on a systematic process outlined in the diagram below.
The Fund’s Investment Policy Statement
We place great store in the need for an appropriately structured IPS for a fund. This document should be the guide for all of a fund’s investment-related decision making. We work with our client to analyse and record the following:
- The key principles (or ‘truths’) regarding investments.
- The responsibilities of all parties involved in managing the fund’s investments.
- The fund’s members’ expected retirement outcomes based on their current share of fund, net projected contributions and investment performance.
- A statement of the investment objectives to meet their required retirement outcomes.
- The statement of the investment strategy to achieve the stated investment outcomes.
The rest of the process outlined above relates to the consistent checking of the relevance of the IPS to current market conditions and the performance of the underlying managers or funds used in it. As part of our service we provide comprehensive reporting to our clients – both for the board of trustees (or management boards) and the members.
Employee Benefits and Risk Consulting Services
MOSA also has a team that has successfully provided employee benefit consulting services for the past 15 years. We are completely independent and can source the best offering which includes pricing, claims payment and service support for our clients. We pride ourselves on the level of personal service that our team can provide to our clients. Our history of never losing an Employee Benefits client is testament to this.
MitonOptimal South Africa (MOSA) created an asset consulting business for institutional clients in 2011.